- 28 cherry tomatoes
- 7 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain. In a small bowl, combine the bacon, mayonnaise, onions, cheese, celery and parsley. Spoon into tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 28 appetizers.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Mini BLTs
"I've made these twice now and both times with real mayo and cocktail tomatoes because I could not find cherry tomatoes and there hasn't been any leftovers either time! I gave the recipe to my sister and she took them to a party and a man with a vegan wife was eating them telling her not to tell his wife they were that good!The only adjustments I have made is to add some ground black pepper to the mayo mixture, and it really makes it pop."
"Make sure you use real mayo in this recipe."
"a little bit picky cleaning out the tomatoes, but everyone loved these so it was worth it."
"I have made this recipe using fat free, lite and regular mayo. It tastes best using real and that's what I use when I take it to a party. I use either lite or fat free for home. I have found that using a 1/4 tsp measure works very well for scooping the insides out of the cherry tomatoes."
"I have made this recipe using fat free, lite and regular mayo.it tastes best using real and that's what I use when I take it to a party. I use either lite or fat free for home. I have found that using a 1/4 tsp measure works very well for scooping the insides out of the cherry tomatoes."
"I've made these a few times. There wonderful and tasty. Will continue making them even if there a pain to prep. They taste just like a BLT sandwhich only healthier."
"Make them all the time! Hubby approves and that's huge, beings he's the pickiest eater I know. But we make them in bigger tomatoes, and use them as a side dish instead."
"Everone at a couple of differenct occassionss hasa loved these."
"i MADE THESE FOR MY GRANDDAUGHTER'S GRADUATION OPEN HOUSE AND EVERYONE THOUGHT THEY WERE SUPERB. I MADE OVER A HUNDRED FOR THE PARTY AND WE RAN OUT HALF WAY THROUGH."
"Lots of flavor in this little tomato!"