Baklava has amazing memories for me; my best friend made it for my bridal and baby showers. And then, she taught me how to make it! These delicious little miniatures give you the taste of baklava in a bite-sized package. —Margaret Guillory, Eunice, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (1.90 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add pecans and walnuts, tossing to coat. Simmer, uncovered, until nuts are lightly toasted, 5-10 minutes.
- Place phyllo shells on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spoon nut mixture and butter sauce evenly into shells. Bake until golden brown, 9-11 minutes. Cool completely on pan on a wire rack. Drizzle a drop of honey into each shell; let stand, covered, until serving. Serve with additional honey if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 filled phyllo cup: 105 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Mini Baklava in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.