Everybody goes for the bacon in this impressive sandwich. If you’ve got a garden, harvest your fresh tomatoes and basil and pile them on. —Alisa Lewis, Veradale, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 thick slices French bread (diagonally cut), toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into four slices
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Spread over four slices of bread; top with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and remaining bread.
Health Tip: Cut 100 calories and 10 grams fat by switching from mayonnaise to non-fat Greek yogurt.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 319 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 833mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Basil BLT's in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Jul 1, 2016
I used Oscar Mayer Fully cooked bacon, something I hadn't tried before. It was ok, but next time I'd opt for cooking it myself. I topped it with romaine lettuce, roma tomato, and that fantastic greek yogurt spread.