Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 thick slices French bread (diagonally cut), toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into four slices
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Spread over four slices of bread; top with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 319 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 833mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Mar 11, 2020
I didn’t have yogurt or mayo so I used sour cream. It turned out yummy! I would like to try that dressing on other sandwiches! And I’d like to try it with mayo as well to see how that works. The dressing made it! I only had dried basil but it was still very good. Everybody liked it. My daughter opted to sprinkle onion salt on her sandwich. We didn’t have fancy bread but we buttered and broiled regular white bread and were happy.
Jul 1, 2016
I used Oscar Mayer Fully cooked bacon, something I hadn't tried before. It was ok, but next time I'd opt for cooking it myself. I topped it with romaine lettuce, roma tomato, and that fantastic greek yogurt spread.