Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 thick slices French bread (diagonally cut), toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, each cut into four slices
- 8 cooked bacon strips
- In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Spread over four slices of bread; top with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 319 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 833mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 1, 2016
I used Oscar Mayer Fully cooked bacon, something I hadn't tried before. It was ok, but next time I'd opt for cooking it myself. I topped it with romaine lettuce, roma tomato, and that fantastic greek yogurt spread.