I first served this go-to beef slow cooker recipe following my son's baptism. I made a double batch and fed a crowd of 20!—Amy Lents, Grand Forks, North Dakota
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 flour or whole wheat tortillas (8 inches)
- Optional toppings: torn romaine, chopped tomatoes and sliced avocado
- Place onion, jalapeno and garlic in a 4-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper; place over vegetables. In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, lime juice, chili powder, cumin and cayenne; pour over roast.
- Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks; return to slow cooker. Serve beef on tortillas with toppings of your choice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mexican Shredded Beef Wraps in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p70
Reviews for Mexican Shredded Beef Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 24, 2015
"This sounds really good! I will review it after I try it. Can't wait!"