Mexican Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Salt to taste
- Slice the eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks with cheese, mayonnaise, salsa, onions, sour cream and salt.
- Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Mexican Deviled Eggs
Sort By :
Instead of mayo I used cream cheese. Overall the eggs were bland. I'd like to make them again but will add some needed zing to them. Maybe more salt, cilantro, chili powder?
Some of the best deviled eggs I've ever tasted. My boyfriend surprised me with these on National Deviled Egg Day....a great twist on the traditional deviled egg.
This recipe is great...adds a different twist to the "traditional" deviled eggs. I thought the salsa added just enough flavor (and crunch), I used a mexican cheese blend, since that is what I had on hand. I would make this again, and I don't even like deviled eggs! Thanks for sharing!
I wouldn't eat deviled eggs until I tried this recipe. It's awesome! My family always asks me to make it when we have big get togethers.
DO NOT listen to the two that say this is a bad recipe. You may not like it, but I am thankful I went ahead and tried it - I LOVED IT!
I did not use near the salsa it calls for, and I added a few shots of Tabasco. That way I got the kick of salsa without a really tangy flavor.
Great addition to Mexican night at the house.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Deviled Egg Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Mexican Appetizers >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Appetizers >