Slim Southwest Deviled Eggs
When you're in the mood for some good finger food, try any one of these variations on deviled eggs. They are a cinch to fill and make a popular contribution to a potluck or brunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-boiled large eggs
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Jalapeno pepper slices, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, salsa, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. If desired, garnish with pepper slices. Chill until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed egg half: 50 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Variations on Deviled Eggs in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2013