You'll think these eggs really do have a bit of devil's heat in them. For a milder version, remove the ribs and seeds from the jalapeno. —Linda Ross, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 hard-boiled large eggs
- 6 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash yolks. Add 3 tablespoons cilantro, mayonnaise, onions, sour cream, jalapeno, lime zest, cumin, salt and pepper; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with remaining cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed egg half: 70 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Huevos Diablo in Summer Appetizers Recipe Cards 2012