- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Mexican Chicken Chili
Sort By :
"Made this several times and it's always a favorite. My husband is a chili fanatic and loves this dish."
"Excellent, easy recipe for busy families! I like to use Rotel, a rotisserie chicken, 1/2 a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning & add a block of Philadelphia cream cheese. The broth is amazing!"
"Yummy. A nice change from regular chili"
"I actually made this in a dutch oven instead of the crockpot and it was delicious. I thought the heat was perfect, but my boyfriend says I could have kicked it up a notch. Next time I will add some pinto beans to give it more substance. Really good recipe with some cheese and sour cream on top!"
"I love this recipe. It is so delicious and filling. Like other quotes, you can tweek to how you like. I use Rotel diced tomatoes..one with lime and the other original mild. It adds flavor without the cayenne. Also I like to add 1 medium chopped zucchini during the last hour so they dont get mushy but add a little crunch. I always get rave reviews for the original recipe and whatever way it is tweeked. You will love this recipe. Thanks for posting it."