Melt-in-Your-Mouth Meat Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well (mixture will be moist). Shape into a round loaf; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until no pink remains and a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over the meat loaf. Cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Melt-in-Your-Mouth Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"This is a one sad dish. I have never made nor eaten anything so disgusting in my time of cooking. There was no taste, no spice, no nothing. The dried minced onions do little for the recipe toward enhancing the flavour. I suggest some real onions as a substitute and maybe some shredded carrots for colour. Actually, I'd remove this recipe from you list. This is NOT a crockpot meal, full stop. I wasted a lot of money buying top mince to make this and the dish was a failure. I am glad we did not have guest for this meal."
"I have to give this only 3 stars because the texture was way too moist for me. The flavor was fantastic, but I couldn't stomach the wetness of this meatloaf. I will make this again but adjust the liquid ingredients for sure."
"Made this yesterday and both my husband and I really enjoyed it. I did take a reviewer's suggestion and used a package of onion soup mix as I didn't have the minced onion and sage and that gave it a nice flavor."
"yes you can use ground turkey. I use the 97% lean Shad Brook Farms ground turkey breast. Put the sauce ingredients on the bottom and cook for 3 hours on high. Perfect EVERY time.... Bonus is I don't have to turn on my stove :-)"
"Quick, easy and delicious! I am a crockpot queen so this recipe absolutely rocks. I will only fix it this way from now on. Love, love, love it and so does every member of my family!"