Mashed Potatoes with Corn and Cheese Recipe
The cheese and corn add a boost of flavor to mashed potatoes. For more convenience, purchase refrigerated mashed potatoes. Heat according to package directions; then add corn and cheese.
- 4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 4 to 6 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed and warmed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Place potatoes and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 12-14 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Place potatoes in a bowl; mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper. Stir in corn and cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mashed Potatoes with Corn and Cheese in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p23
Reviews for Mashed Potatoes with Corn and Cheese(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2014
We really liked this, but my kids have always mixed their mashed potatoes and corn together anyway so this was a no brainer for us.