My husband plants the garden and I harvest and cook the fruits of his labor. My favorite way to use plum tomatoes is this easy Margherita Pita Pizza. It is so good! —Rosemarie Weleski, Natrona Heights, Pennsylvania
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with oil. Top with garlic, 1 cup cheese, tomatoes, garlic powder and remaining cheese; sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Margherita Pita Pizzas in Taste of Home December/January 2011, p58
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Margherita Pita Pizzas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review