- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet; brush with oil. Top with garlic, 1 cup cheese, tomatoes, garlic powder and remaining cheese; sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with basil if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Margherita Pita Pizzas
Sort By :
So easy and delicious! To die for!
I have made this recipe several times! I use a whole wheat pita pocket, and i do add a little more of the garlic powder and italian seasoning, i just sprinkle on each pizza without measuring. My husband loves these as well. When i first made them, i saw him pick one up and start eating it. Then i saw him going back twice for more and i had to make more. Both of us probably eat too many of them! LOL
These are absolutely wonderful. I've made them for lunches a few times in the past couple weeks. And sooooo easy!!!
I made this with 6" nan bread, and it was wonderful! Also note, the better quality the mozzarella cheese, the better this will taste. I sliced fresh mozzarella (rather than the packaged shredded stuff) on the pizza, and it was so, so yummy. Fresh basil on it really makes for a great tasting pizza too.
Really easy recipe. Taste really good. Good for Super Bowl Game. :)
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pizza Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Super Bowl Party Dinners >