- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce, eggs, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews for Makeover Zucchini Bread
Sort By :
"I tried my best and even added a little more applesauce but this is too dry. Won't use again."
"This turned out great for me!! I also used frozen zucchini but did not have a problem with dryness."
"This recipe is good when it is still warm, but it was dry after it cooled down. The batter was real thick. I used frozen zucchini, that was thawed and drained. Next time will try fresh zucchini and add more applesauce and bake shorter time like other reviewer."
"This bread is moist and delicious and no one realized it was lower in fat. I wrapped the second loaf in plastic wrap and stored it in the refrigerator. Two days later it was still perfect - in fact, even more moist and flavorful than the loaf we ate first. This recipe is a definite keeper that I'll make again and again."
"This was very moist. I will make it again. I did add 1 Tbsp. more of applesauce and took out 1 Tbsp. of flour because of reading the other reviews. I also baked it in two different size pans. The smaller pan only needed 40 minutes and the larger pan took 45 minutes to bake."