This makeover bread has a golden top, lots of sweet cinnamon flavor and a slimmed-down nutritional profile. It’s perfect for your next afternoon snack. —Marjorie Curtis, Haddam, Connecticut
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, applesauce, eggs, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in zucchini and walnuts.
- Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Originally published as Makeover Zucchini Bread in Healthy Cooking August/September 2010, p23
Reviews for Makeover Zucchini Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review