- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 3/4 pound turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, red pepper and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain and return to the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, half-and-half, milk, wine or chicken broth, cheese, salt, pepper and paprika until blended. Add to the sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Drain pasta. In a large bowl, combine sausage mixture and pasta. Before serving, sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Makeover Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta
Sort By :
"I also added garden fresh chopped tomatoes."
"Great recipe, has a really rich creamy sauce, very filling and won't ruin my diet!"
"Made with one can of drained diced tomatoes (with onion and celery) instead of red pepper. Used rice wine instead of chicken broth. Was amazing!"
"Delicious and easy to make. Used lower sodium chicken broth and did not add salt"
"I make this all the time with gluten-free pasta and corn starch to thicken. So good!"