- 2 packages (7-1/4 ounces each) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream, optional
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa; set aside.
- Spread macaroni into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with beef mixture, chips and olives; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° until heated through, 15-20 minutes. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Macaroni Taco Bake
"Great dinner for the kids, they loved it! We left out the olives because we are not olive fans in my house."
"The chips got very chewy! But the few without cheese were fine"
"This is good, but we found it to be VERY VERY dry when making the recipe "as is". I will make it again but will "play with" the recipe a bit to make it more 'moist'."
"I made this for my husband and me, only with a few alterations, I substituted chicken for the hamburger and seasoned it with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder (healthy taco seasoning, without so much sodium), I used a full two cups of salsa, I added a generous amount of cheese dip to the macaroni and cheese, before I added the chips, I sprinkled some chili powder on top of everything, then I added chili cheese fritos and then the shredded cheese! Believe me, try it this way and your taste buds will sing your name forever!"
"I am cooking this Yummy"
"Easy and delicious! I also used taco seasoning for the meat. Can't wait to make it for the office"
"I will try this recipe soon. Great job Besty!! I"am for Duluth too:)"
"I have made this twice from the recipe. But I also made it using left-over tacos from those places that sell them filled in either hard or soft shells. I put the macaroni over canned black beans, drained, and insted of doing the filling, placed the tacos over the mac and beans and swam them in enchilada sauce and the salsa, with the cheese on top. Great way to use the leftovers. And it all began with this recipe."
"this was so easy and soooo good!"