Macaroni Taco Bake Recipe
- 2 packages (7-1/4 ounces each) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sour cream, optional
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef until no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa; set aside.
- Spread macaroni into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with beef mixture, chips and olives; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Macaroni Taco Bake(8)
Sort By :
I made this for my husband and me, only with a few alterations, I substituted chicken for the hamburger and seasoned it with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder (healthy taco seasoning, without so much sodium), I used a full two cups of salsa, I added a generous amount of cheese dip to the macaroni and cheese, before I added the chips, I sprinkled some chili powder on top of everything, then I added chili cheese fritos and then the shredded cheese! Believe me, try it this way and your taste buds will sing your name forever!
I am cooking this Yummy
Easy and delicious! I also used taco seasoning for the meat. Can't wait to make it for the office
I will try this recipe soon. Great job Besty!! I"am for Duluth too:)
My husband is not a face of Macaroni & Cheese, so I put Taco Seasoning in the ground beef and made it by the directions, (minus the M&C) and put the shredded cheese on top. He loved it and told me to make it again. I used elbow macaroni for the pasta. Thanks for a quick and great receipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Macaroni Recipes >