- 5 pounds small unpeeled red potatoes, cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 dill pickles, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Place the potatoes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until tender. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, eggs, bacon, cheese, onion and pickles. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and mustard; pour over the potato mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews for Loaded Baked Potato Salad
Sort By :
"I am excited to find this recipe because I have wanted to try making a loaded baked potato salad. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I have not made it yet. I probably won't put the dill pickle in when I do make it...that just doesn't go with a loaded baked potato to me. All the other ingredients fit."
"Worlds best potato salad!! A huge hit! Definitely worth all the prep it requires!"
"To 4-days----I make potato with dill pickle relish and also with yellow mustard and sometimes with dijon mustard. I live in Ga and we kind of like things a little bit tangy. Some people use sweet pickle relish instead of dill relish."
"My grandmother always mashed the potatoes, in her potato salad. It was a different twist and very good."
"Haven't tried but have a question. I love "loaded baked potatoes" but have never put a pickle on them. Sounds strange to me but want to know if anyone has tried it with out the pickle. Still taste ok?"