- 8 ounces uncooked linguine, broken in half
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2-1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook linguine according to package directions; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the ham, soup, 2 cups cheese, sour cream, onion, green pepper and butter. Add the pasta; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Linguine with Ham & Swiss Cheese
Sort By :
"I had some swiss cheese I wanted to use up and found this. Glad I did. I was worried about it being too salty with the ham so I bought low sodium soup and rinsed the ham. I actually didn't use sour cream because I forgot it so instead I used 6 oz cream cheese and about 1/4 cup milk. It worked well, though I do want to try it again with sour cream. I also added a ton of garlic and pepper (no salt). I wasn't crazy about the onions so I'll probably not add them next time and while I added the butter I think it's just unnecessary fat and calories since the dish is rich enough as is, but otherwise this is a great dish. I was thinking peas and carrots would be good in this, so I might try that next. This is a very good dish to customize. Overall 5 stars. It was tasty."
"I have a fussy eaters in my family and all of them just love this casserole. It's easy to make freezes well also."
"This was a great casserole with wonderful flavors! I was easily able to reduce the recipe ingredients in half and will definitely make it again for my husband and me. Thanks for sharing!"
"Very easy to make and oh so yummy!"
"What a great way to use leftover ham! I decreased the sour cream to 3/4 cup, added one 5 oz. can of evaporated milk, and omitted the green pepper. It was really good! -Lori in WI."