Lemony Zucchini Bread Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the zucchini, poppy seeds and lemon peel.
- Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Lemony Zucchini Bread(11)
Sort By :
This is about the only kind of zuccini bread i make! My husband never wants anything different.
Hint: 1 fresh lemon is what you need for the juice and zest.
My kids and I absolutely LOVE this recipe! I have made this several times now. I have made a few changes though: I use either french or regular instant vanilla (vs. lemon) pudding. Instead of 1.5 c. sugar, I use 1/2 c. sugar & 1 c. brown sugar. Instead of 4 c. flour, I use 3 c. flour & 1 c. whole wheat flour. I use 3 c. (vs. just 2 c.) shredded zucchini. Also--instead of making two 9x5" loaves, I place the entire batter into a large bundt cake pan (sprayed heavily with Pam) and bake at 350 degrees for a good 55-65 minutes (or until knife comes out clean). This is so moist and delicious - LOVE the addition of the poppyseeds too! My kids gobble up this bread/cake in no time!
Mmm so good! Just the right flavor of lemon-froze the other loaf.
This was really easy and it made two big loaves. It was very moist. I have one loaf in the freezer and I will probably make a little glaze for it when I use it as someone suggested.
A friend told me about this bread, and that brought me to this site. It is DELICIOUS, and so bright-tasting! Definitely a keeper!