- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder. In another bowl, combine the egg, yogurt, oil and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Lemon Yogurt Bread
Sort By :
"Have this in the oven, baking now. I used Greek pineapple yogurt with small bits of pineapple in it, to which I added some chopped fresh cranberries. Skipped the lemon juice and used an eighth of a teaspoon of almond flavoring and a half teaspoon of vanilla. The batter tasted delicious, and the house smells heavenly. Will make an icing from confectioner's sugar and milk to top it off when it cools. What an easy recipe and lovely welcome to spring!"
"I've made this bread several times. It's so easy to change around. Sometimes I use vanilla yogurt add almond extract to personal taste and add one cup blueberries. Another is, try orange flavoring with peach. We use this bread in our strawberry shortcake desert."
"This is a very moist bread, it is one of our favorites"
"Added 1 tsp lemon extract to make it more flavorable. It's also good with chopped walnuts. I'm going to try it with bluberry yogurt and vanilla extract too!"
"Not near enough lemon flavor, needs lemon extract, or zest.........something."