Lemon-Thyme Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine buttermilk and sour cream. Combine the flour, thyme, lemon peel, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Cool completely; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Thyme Bread
Sort By :
"This recipe has become one of my favorites-and a favorite of my family and friends! The mini loaves make terrific gifts--if they last long enough to give!"
"Love this recipe! Use my own lemon-thyme that I grow and I make muffins. Can't keep them around...family eats them up!"
"My family loves this recipe, especially the guys. I make muffins and they can't stop eating them. I grow my own lemon thyme so the grandkids love picking it and chopping it."
"This is a definite keeper. The keys are fresh tyme and fresh lemon in a great combination. Everyone with whom we've shared this has raved about it."
"I just made this last night and it turned out very well. The taste is so refreshing and light. The mix of fresh thyme and lemon is excellent!!!"