- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 5 tablespoons chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or additional chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a skillet, cook chicken and garlic in oil for 4-6 minutes. Add 4 tablespoons broth, wine, lemon juice, basil and oregano. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Transfer chicken to a serving platter and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon sauce over chicken. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Garlic Chicken
Sort By :
This was excellent. My daughter, who rarely asks for seconds of my cooking, actually went back for a second helping, and even said, "This is really good, mom."
Excellent. Definitely will make this again.
This was really good!!! My husband was saying "mmm" after every bite and told me that this one is a keeper. The chicken came out tender and flavorful.
Very tasty and easy to make. I tried a little something different-once the chicken and garlic were done, I pureed the garlic into the gravy. Served with my Parmesan potatoes, and would definitely make it again!!
Delicious and moist! Love the flavor. Wouldn't have thought I would ever eat whole garlic cloves, but they were delicious as well!