Kentucky Pecan Pie Recipe
This rich, dense pie is served at Kentucky derby parties everywhere on derby day. It features a delicious dark chocolate filling topped with plenty of toasted pecans. —Emily Baldwin Fort Collins, Colorado
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans, chocolate chips and butter. Pour into pastry shell. Cover edges with foil.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 552 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Kentucky Pecan Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC