I grew up in northern New Jersey, where hot dogs with grilled potatoes were born. It's a combo you’ll love. — Suzanne Banfield, Basking Ridge, New Jersey
- 6 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 pounds), halved and thinly sliced
- 3 large sweet red peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 large onions, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 12 bun-length beef hot dogs
- 12 hot dog buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, red peppers and onions. In a small bowl, mix oil, garlic, salt and pepper; add to potato mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two 13x9-in. disposable foil pans; cover with foil. Place pans on grill rack over medium heat; cook, covered, 30-35 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat.
- Grill hot dogs, covered, over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until heated through, turning occasionally. Place buns on grill, cut side down; grill until lightly toasted. Place hot dogs and potato mixture in buns. Serve with remaining potato mixture. Yield: 12 servings (10 cups potato mixture).
Originally published as Jersey-Style Hot Dogs in Taste of Home April/May 2013
Reviews for Jersey-Style Hot Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review