Hacienda Hot Dogs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 Chicago-style beef hot dogs (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) taco sauce
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- 1 cup refried beans
- Shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 24 pickled pepper rings
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Cut a lengthwise slit three-quarters of the way through each hot dog and to within 1/2 in. of each end. Fill pocket with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Place in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour taco sauce over hot dogs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Spread the inside of each bun with 2 tablespoons refried beans. Layer with lettuce, hot dog, tomato, pepper rings and cilantro.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 574 calories, 39g fat (19g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 1570mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 29, 2017
Really good and very different. Will definitely make again.
Oct 29, 2011
These were suprisingly delicious!
Jan 23, 2010
These hot dogs are a big hit with the guys watching football. I usually have a pot of chili next to the hot dog fixings and the guys invariably add the chili to their sandwiches.