Italian Shredded Pork Stew Recipe
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (2-1/2 to 3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- Sour cream, optional
- Place the sweet potatoes, kale, onion and garlic in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Place roast on vegetables. Add the beans and seasonings. Pour broth over top. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat; cool slightly. Skim fat from cooking juices. Shred pork with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Garnish servings with sour cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Italian Shredded Pork Stew
Sort By :
"This smelled so good we could hardly wait to dig into it! I took some to a homebound lady who ate two bowls right away and saved another bowl for later!! I seldom bring her something that really "hits her spot" so this was a thrill for me!!"
"What a unique taste this stew has. It's the sweet potatoes. It was wonderful. I did not have Kale so used a box of Green Giant frozen creamed spinich. I also threw in some lentils I had in the frig. It was an awesome stew and will make it again."