"Because we have three children who keep us busy, casseroles have been life-savers for me," notes Amber Zurbrugg of Alliance, Ohio. "This one especially appeals to me because it has a rich Italian flavor."
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3/4 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Drain macaroni.
- In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, sausage mixture, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, oregano, salt, basil and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Macaroni Bake in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p43
Reviews for Italian Sausage Macaroni Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review