- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely chopped Roma tomatoes, seeds removed or 1 can (28 ounces) petite diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tub (8 ounces) cream cheese with herbs
- 1 baguette, sliced 1/4 inch thick, brushed with olive oil and toasted
- Italian parsley leaves or minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, mash the garlic and salt into a paste. Add the tomatoes, pesto, cheese, oil, sugar and pepper.
- Spread cream cheese on each baguette slice; top with bruschetta mixture. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 30-35 appetizers.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for In-a-Snap Bruschetta(6)
Sort By :
I have made this recipe twice now and have used a different type of pesto mix which made all the difference. I also tried plain cream cheese as well as the flavored, didn't notice too much of a difference there. Great recipe for fresh tomatoes
I won't make this recipe again, but not because it wasn't good. It was, just to much work. Traders Joes Bruschetta is excellent. I did make my own spread from another QC bruschetta recipe M/J 2004, but will now use the herbed cream cheese instead. NOW we have a (in a snap) bruschetta recipe!
Very easy to put together and tastes very refreshing! Definitely use fresh tomatoes.
Mixed feelings on this one ... yes, it was very good, but took so much work! I'm LOL that they call it "In-a-Snap" Bruschetta. Even AFTER you spend 45 min dicing roma tomatoes, another 20 slicing & toasting bread, it still takes way more than 10 min just to spread the cream cheese on, add a spoonful of tomato stuff, and then carefully top each with parsley. Anyway, all that aside ... do not plan to assemble these ahead of time! Thankfully someone warned me not to top with the tomato mixture until right before serving. Even, so these will get soggy as they sit. All in all, they were delicious and the plate was cleaned, but I probably won't make again.
I had my teens at the Boys & Girls Club where I work make this for the annual board meeting. This recipe was a huge hit and was truly elegant.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Bruschetta >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheese Spread >
- Cheese Spreads >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Father's Day Appetizers >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Bruschetta >
- Italian Recipes >