Honey-Beer Braised Ribs Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) dark beer or beef broth
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- Combine the brown sugar, pepper and salt; rub over ribs. Place ribs bone side down on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with honey. Combine beer and vinegar; pour around ribs. Spoon some of the beer mixture over ribs.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 250°; bake 2 hours longer or until tender.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Drain ribs. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally with barbecue sauce. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Honey-Beer Braised Ribs(14)
Sort By :
Excellent! Thanks Taste of Home. Love your recipes. You are awesome! I know when I try a Taste of Home recipe it is a sure thing-- not a gamble.
I made this recipe for Labor Day weekend 2012. It was my 1st ever attempt at cooking ribs. Everyone loved it, I looked like a cooking genius. The ribs were so tender and flavorful. I had to double the batch of rub and I added a tsp Cumin and a tsp of Essence of Emeril, I also added some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce during the last roasting hour. I used both country cut and regular cut ribs, ended up cooking aproximately 16 large ribs for 5 people. I had 3 ribs remaining for leftovers; which by the way were just as good and tender the next day. Whoever submitted this recipe, Thank You very much for this recipe, I will most definetly make again soon.
This recipe was excellent. I made them exactly as written and the meat was so flavorful and very moist. My husband loved them and I loved them. This is a keeper for my recipe collection.
I used country style ribs and they were wonderful...will be in my "favorite" receipes for future use...great company meal.
Hi, This looked so good when I read this am. so now as we speak it is marinating for supper tonite. Gave it a 4 based on the sauce flavor alone. could go higher after cooking. To all the crusaders out there! You may have good intentions( or you could just be plain nasty ) please go away to another site. This is for people who like to cook and eat. Sometimes we overindulge and sometimes use moderation. We are adults and don't need petty remarks on this site. Please go away. Also camping this weekend and will make up a roaster of this using riblets and chicken wings for Saturday nite. Expect a big hit on this.