Honey-Beer Braised Ribs Recipe
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 pounds pork baby back ribs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) dark beer or beef broth
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- Combine the brown sugar, pepper and salt; rub over ribs. Place ribs bone side down on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with honey. Combine beer and vinegar; pour around ribs. Spoon some of the beer mixture over ribs.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 325° for 1 hour. Reduce heat to 250°; bake 2 hours longer or until tender.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Drain ribs. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until browned, turning and basting occasionally with barbecue sauce. Serve with remaining barbecue sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Honey-Beer Braised Ribs
Sort By :
I have made these twice now - my son loves these ribs - and he never eats ribs! A very good fall off the bone recipe. My husband & I also love them!
Excellent! Thanks Taste of Home. Love your recipes. You are awesome! I know when I try a Taste of Home recipe it is a sure thing-- not a gamble.
I made this recipe for Labor Day weekend 2012. It was my 1st ever attempt at cooking ribs. Everyone loved it, I looked like a cooking genius. The ribs were so tender and flavorful. I had to double the batch of rub and I added a tsp Cumin and a tsp of Essence of Emeril, I also added some Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce during the last roasting hour. I used both country cut and regular cut ribs, ended up cooking aproximately 16 large ribs for 5 people. I had 3 ribs remaining for leftovers; which by the way were just as good and tender the next day. Whoever submitted this recipe, Thank You very much for this recipe, I will most definetly make again soon.
This recipe was excellent. I made them exactly as written and the meat was so flavorful and very moist. My husband loved them and I loved them. This is a keeper for my recipe collection.
I used country style ribs and they were wonderful...will be in my "favorite" receipes for future use...great company meal.
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Pork Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Pork Recipes >
- Grilled Ribs >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >