- 4 medium ears sweet corn
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Place corn in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cut corn from cobs.
- In a large saucepan, bring the corn, cream and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in cilantro and Italian seasoning. Simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Homemade Cream-Style Corn
"My husband and I both enjoy this recipe---it's delicious and just a little taste. yumyum.Does anyone know if this could be made using frozen corn. I'd love to make it for a large group (16-20), and am trying to simpifly the dish."
"I would give it a rating of 5 but my family isn't big on cilantro and the Italian seasoning. I left out the Italian seasoning and cilantro and added salt/pepper. It was wonderful!"
"This one's not for us. Great-grandma's "recipe" is better by far."
"No Italian seasoning and no cilantro I like it the way my mom always made it it is just that creamed fresh corn."
"very yummy and super different"