- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 green onion with top, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/8 teaspoon each dried tarragon, thyme, basil, parsley flakes, and pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt to taste, optional
- In a small saucepan, cook rice and onion in butter until onion is tender. Add the seasonings; cook for 1 minute. Add broth and salt if desired; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Herbed Rice in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p16
Reviews for Herbed Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 6, 2013
I used only half of the amount of herbs called for and it was still too much. I would definitely try this again, but reduce the herbs even more.
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2011
This is excellent. My husband didn't believe that I made it, he thought it was box rice.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Low Sodium Side Dishes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >