- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in chicken; heat through. Garnish with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 8 servings (3-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Chipotle Chicken Soup
Sort By :
This was a tasty soup. I would add a little bit more of the adobo sauce; however, my husband did not think that this was necessary. It is also quite filling. Very good every day recipe.
My husband and I absolutely love this recipe. It is spicy, but that's just the way we like it. I didn't add quite as much corn, but other than that I made it just as it said. It has become a regular staple on winter nights in our home!
The family all loved this!
Great meal on a cold Sunday. I went by the recipe and made cornbread to accompany this soup. My husband and I enjoyed the spice. If I had company, I would probably only use one chipotle pepper and not two or just add the adobe sauce. Very good flavor and easy to put together. I think this would be great with tortilla chips and cheese. Taste of Home has helped me preparing great meals.
We usually like things spicy, but this soup was waaaay too spicy for us. I doctored it up by adding an extra can of broth, beans, & tomatoes. Doing so made it more edible, but still quite spicy even with the doctoring up. Sorry, I really wanted to like this.
More Recipe Collections
- Broth Soup Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Soup >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Soup Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Mexican Soup >