- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, corn, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cumin and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Stir in chicken; heat through. Garnish with sour cream; sprinkle with cilantro. Yield: 8 servings (3-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Hearty Chipotle Chicken Soup
Sort By :
"This was ok. I know I shouldn't have expected much because of all of the canned ingredients but it just tasted like doctored canned soup."
"I made this recipe on Sunday, October 12, 2014. Excellent! I doubled the recipe, except the pinto beans, kept the same amount and added 2 cans of black beans. I bought a rotisserie chicken, took the skin off, de-boned and cut up in chunks. We put a dab of sour cream in the first bowl, but we didn't really care for it. Today is Tuesday and we are eating the last of it. It got better each day! Made cornbread to go along with it.. Thanks for sharing!"
"My husband loved this and I loved that it's reasonably healthy. Perfect amount of spice, and we like hot foods."
"This was a tasty soup. I would add a little bit more of the adobo sauce; however, my husband did not think that this was necessary. It is also quite filling. Very good every day recipe."
"My husband and I absolutely love this recipe. It is spicy, but that's just the way we like it. I didn't add quite as much corn, but other than that I made it just as it said. It has become a regular staple on winter nights in our home!"