- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca and allspice. Add blackberries and orange juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine the yogurt, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients until smooth. Spread over the berry mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Healthy Blackberry Cobbler
"Tastes like grandma made it"
"The first time I made it, the dessert was bitter. Obviously, it was because the BERRIES were bitter! I made it again after tasting several berries in a batch and it turned out perfect! I've frozen some blackberries so I can make this in late fall...YUM."
"One of my first lower fat baking recipes and loved it."
"I make this now on a regular basis for my husband and have also shared it with friends. It goes together quickly and I also tried it with peaches, which also turned out good."
"I made a batch and took half to an elderly couple I have been cooking for each week. When I took my half out of the oven, I was so disappointed. It was awful! Bitter and unfit to eat. After one taste, no one in the house would touch it. I ended up throwing it all away. I was so embarrassed that I had shared something so horrible with others."