This tasty treat has helped my family stay healthy, lose weight and still be able to enjoy dessert! Other kinds of berries or even fresh peaches are just as delicious in this cobbler. —Leslie Browning of Lebanon, Kentucky
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 cups fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca and allspice. Add blackberries and orange juice; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon into a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine the yogurt, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients until smooth. Spread over the berry mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Blackberry Cobbler in Light & Tasty April/May 2002, p37
Reviews for Healthy Blackberry Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review