With a blend of chocolate, pecans and hazelnuts, this pie tastes so good. But it’s very easy to make so you can enjoy it often. Your family and friends will think you worked for hours in the kitchen. It's great plain or with a dollop of whipped cream. Brenda Melancon, Gonzales, Louisiana
Featured In: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup hazelnut flavoring syrup
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Whipped cream, optional
- Unroll pastry into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edges. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, syrups, flour, butter and vanilla. Stir in the pecans, hazelnuts and chocolate chips. Transfer to pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hazelnut Pecan Pie in Prize Winning Recipes 2010 2010, p135
Reviews for Hazelnut Pecan Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review