Hawaiian Beef Sliders Recipe
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 18 miniature whole wheat buns
- Baby spinach leaves
- 3 center-cut bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Sliced jalapeno peppers, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice and 1-1/2 cups pineapple (save remaining pineapple for another use). In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup reserved crushed pineapple, pepper and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 18 patties; place in two 11-in. x 7-in. dishes.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, garlic, pepper flakes and reserved pineapple juice. Pour half of marinade into each dish; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, turning once.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill patties, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Grill buns, uncovered, for 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with spinach, remaining pineapple, bacon and jalapeno peppers if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Hawaiian Beef Sliders(14)
Sort By :
I love to cook and try new recipies. We buy beef from a beef farmer, as it extremely lean, I oil the pan for this prime ground meat. These burgers were a mess!! They need to be cooked in a burger basket to be able to turn them for sure. I did oil the grill. They were so mushy, I tried to make a sloppy joe type sandwich out of the heap of meat saved from the grill, and ended up throwing that mess out also. Very dissapointed in this recipe.
Patties did not hold together well and we used 80/20 chuck. However, instead of grill we "grilled" then on a double burner cast iron griddle and very carefully turned them after they had seared and they were great. We had the with Kings hawaiin rolls and left off the jalapenos.
Good recipe. King's Hawaiian Sweet Rolls also make a great bun for the burgers. Although small,, it is close to the White Castle size burger bun and you can make sliders for all your friends (by the bag).
Outstanding!! .... and the pineapple and bacon definitely work together (just think glazed ham with pineapple). In fact, the next time, I think I'll try grilled slices of smoked virginia ham instead of the bacon. Had no trouble finding buns, Martins Whole Wheat Potato buns worked just fine. Slight variations - used 80% ground beef; didn't discard marinade, but instead poured into sauce pan, brought to boil, then simmered for 10 mins, and brushed on burgers during grilling; used apple cider vinegar instead of white; didn't have jalapenos on hand, but there was enough heat with the crushed red pepper flakes (which can be increased/decreased as per personal tastes). Just wonderful, lots of great flavors going on there. Thanks Mary!!!
I made these and they were delicious. I did not have the falling apart problem some other posters did. Did have trouble finding the right size buns so just used regular slider ones and adjusted serving appropriately. They were a big hit.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- BBQ Beef Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Beef Recipes >
- Grilling Hamburgers >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Ground Beef Burger Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Sandwiches >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Tailgating Recipes >
- View All Healthy Cooking Recipes >