- 2 tubes (13.8 ounces each) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 to 6 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Dried basil, optional
- Spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Unroll one pizza crust onto a greased baking sheet; shape into a 14-in. x 11-in. rectangle. Spread half of the ricotta cheese lengthwise on half of the dough to within 1 in. of the edges.
- Sprinkle with half of the pepperoni, ham and mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling; press edges firmly to seal. Repeat with remaining crust and filling ingredients.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and basil if desired. Cut into slices. Serve with spaghetti sauce. Yield: 2 calzones ( 7 servings each).
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ham and Cheese Calzones
Sort By :
"Very tasty and easy."
"Quick and easy to make, fun to change up the filling."
"When I first made this I halved the recipe and just made one calzone for two of us. My boyfriend liked it so much that he asked me to make it again the following week and to show him how. Now he makes it for himself! Very good and easy!"
"very good and easy to make!"
"I did my own filling (salami, olives, pickles, seasonings) but used cottage cheese instead of the ricotta. It turned out so yummy!"