Ham 'n' Cheese Omelet Roll Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2-1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Line the bottom and sides of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Add flour and salt; mix until combined. In a large bowl, whisk eggs until blended. Add cream cheese mixture; mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until eggs are puffed and set. Remove from the oven. Immediately spread with mustard and sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Sprinkle with ham, onions and 1 cup cheese.
- Roll up from a short side, peeling parchment paper away while rolling. Sprinkle top of roll with the remaining cheese; bake 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Ham 'n' Cheese Omelet Roll
Sort By :
"My husband always requests this for holiday breakfast."
"This is a wonderful recipe. My family loves it. Very easy to make yet looks like it was time consuming. Very impressive. Made it according to directions."
"I made this for a brunch, and the ladies went crazy for it. One change I made was to use chive and onion cream cheese, which added a nice subtle flavor. It was so easy to make, and since my baking pans didn't have a high enough edge, I didn't cut the parchment to fit, so it kept the eggs from overflowing in the pan. I am looking forward to trying it with other ingredients, like crumbled sausage, or chopped up bacon, and any combination of chopped veggies."
"This is a great recipe! I tend to only make it around the holidays and did so this year. My family loves it...even the picky kids. Easy to manipulate to your own taste. I typically make this original version minus the green onions and then do a tex-mex style roll with taco-seasoned ground sausage, salsa, and Mexican style shredded cheese; then top with more salsa, if you like, and sour cream. Delish!"
"This recipe is deceiving. It looks hard but really comes out wonderful every time. I substitute spinach soufflé for the filling and sprinkle Swiss cheese on top. It is amazing"