- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced potatoes, drained
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and/or paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine soup and milk. Heat through, stirring frequently. Stir in the corn, ham, onion and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes; heat through. Garnish with sour cream, cheese and/or paprika if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Ham & Corn Chowder
Sort By :
"This is so simple, yet delicious. And one of only a few soups my kids will eat- I make frequently during the winter. A real keeper!"
"We loved this soup. My kids love corn, anyway so this was a definite keeper. This has been added to our collection of fave meals."
"This recipe was quick and delicious. I dont care for fish chowder so this was a good alternative."
"This was an excellent soup! Great for cold days! I added a finely minced red bell pepper and it added color and flavor, I really suggest it. The Pepper put a twist on the traditional corn chowder. Cheese, Paprika, and Sour cream are necessities!"
"Peeled, chopped and boiled 2 potatoes rather than using canned potatoes. Added cooked carrots and zucchini. Delicious!"