Even with my family's busy schedule, I enjoy cooking from scratch. We love this easy taco salad made with ground pork. If I don't fix it often enough, they ask for it. —Sherry Duval, Baltimore, Maryland
- 1 pound ground pork or beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup water
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Western salad dressing
- Tortilla chips, crushed
- Sour cream and guacamole, optional
- In a large skillet, cook pork over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the taco seasoning, beans and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, onion and cheese. Stir in pork mixture. Drizzle with salad dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with chips. Serve immediately with sour cream and guacamole if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Taco Salad in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p38
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Ground Pork Taco Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review