- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 5 hamburger buns, split
- 5 slices Swiss cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- 5 onion slices
- 5 tomato slices
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into five 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill burgers, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear, basting occasionally with marmalade.
- Grill buns, cut side down, for 2-4 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve burgers on buns with cheese, onion, tomato and lettuce. Yield: 5 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Grilled Turkey Burgers
Sort By :
We have these burgers about once a month, always great reviews from everyone (even the kids and die hard beef lovers). I substitute out the Swiss for provolone, and husband makes a fantastic aioli sauce to go over them as well, adding another layer of flavor.
My favorite ground turkey recipe.
These are awesome! My family loves them. I use Italian style breadcrumbs for more flavor.