I like to liven up typical tossed salad with tender grilled shrimp, bread cubes and feta cheese. The colorful dish is an attractive addition to party buffets. —Veronica Callaghan, Glastonbury, Connecticut
- 1-1/2 cups Italian salad dressing, divided
- 1 pound uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) ciabatta bread, halved lengthwise
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped ripe olives
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- Pour 1 cup salad dressing in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush bread with 1/4 cup salad dressing. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Cut bread into cubes; set aside.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp on four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens and remaining dressing; toss to coat. Add the tomatoes, cheese, onion, olives, garlic, shrimp and bread cubes; toss to combine. Yield: 21 servings (3/4 cup each).
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp Panzanella in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p219
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp Panzanella
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review