Grill up fresh peaches and pineapple slathered in cinnamon butter and use them to make a refreshing summer sangria. I also like to add slices of grilled lemon and lime to drop in the glass for a citrusy boost of flavor. —Heather King, Frostburg, Maryland
Featured In: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer's Market Peaches
- 1 bottle (25.3 ounces) sauvignon blanc or other white wine
- 2 cups lemonade
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 medium peeled peaches, pitted and halved
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled and cut into 4 slices
- Make sangria by combining wine, lemonade and liqueur. Refrigerate. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine melted butter, sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Brush butter mixture over cut side of peaches and all over pineapple slices. Grill fruit, covered, on a greased rack over medium direct heat 4-5 minutes. Turn peaches and pineapple. Grill 4-5 minutes more. Remove from grill.
- Cut each peach half into five or six slices and each pineapple slice into five or six pieces. Add three-fourths of fruit to sangria, reserving remainder. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Before serving, thread several pieces of reserved fruit onto appetizer skewers. Pour sangria over ice; serve with fruit skewers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Peach & Pineapple Sangria in Taste of Home June/July 2017
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Peach & Pineapple Sangria
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review