- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1-1/2 inch thick and 12 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, whisk syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour. Reserve remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain pork chops, discarding marinade in bag. On an oiled grill, cook pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 13-17 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Grilled Maple Pork Chops
"Really enjoyed will make again"
"These pork chops were super easy, and delicious. I marinaded them about 4 hours and did them on the grill. Everyone raved! A keeper."
"Easy, tasty. Good recipe."
"My kids love this and it's super easy. The chops are great for family nights and special enough for company. I've made the recipe as written repeatedly and it comes out perfect every time."
"Fantastic! Super easy and tastes great. I did add some fresh minced garlic to the marinade. I used thin pork chops based on family preference. Came out great!"
"Delicious recipe! They probably would taste even better on the grill, but they turned out really good when I broiled them 4 inches from the heat. The marinade had a unique flavor, as this is the first time I've incorporated maple syrup into a recipe. I will definitely make these again!"
"These pork chops were fantastic! I marinated the meat overnight which made them even easier to grill after church on Sunday. I didn't find pork chops of the same size so I instead used 3 smaller pork chops. Since there was more area of pork chops I made 1 1/2 times as much marinade and soaked them in 3/4 cups leaving enough to baste during cooking. Be careful not to overcook. These were simple enough to make and delicious!"
"So simple! So delicious, and I really don't care for maple flavor. This is a keeper!"
"this is an AWESOME recipe!!! the marinade makes the chops so tender and flavorful! I have made this a lot since this recipe came out in the latest issue!!"