Green Onion Cornmeal Muffins Recipe
Corn bread and corn muffins are popular in New England. This muffin recipe has a different twist with green onions and sour cream, and the aroma while they’re baking is wonderful! I like to serve these with soups and stews.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, milk, butter and onions; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Green Onion Cornmeal Muffins in Country February/March 2006, p49
Reviews for Green Onion Cornmeal Muffins(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2011
These muffins were very moist and tasteful...will for sure make again!thank u for sharing.