Corn bread and corn muffins are popular in New England. This muffin recipe has a different twist with green onions and sour cream, and the aroma while they’re baking is wonderful! I like to serve these with soups and stews.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, milk, butter and onions; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Green Onion Cornmeal Muffins in Country February/March 2006, p49
Reviews for Green Onion Cornmeal Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 26, 2011
"These muffins were very moist and tasteful...will for sure make again!thank u for sharing."