- 6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 8 green onions, chopped
- Dash salt and pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; gently stir in potatoes. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish (dish will be full).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Golden Potato Casserole
Sort By :
I was overruled by the boys in the house. They really liked this. I thought it was o.k. but not too much flavor. I have many other potato side dishes that I'd rather make like the Loaded Baked Potato Salad on this site.
5 stars! Made this to go with Christmas ham and everyone loved it. Will make again for sure!
This is the MOST REQUESTED side dish that I make! It is delicious and so easy! I use frozen hash brown potatoes instead of peeling and boiling though.
Instead of peeling and cubing potatoes, get a bag of frozen southern-style hash browns (with or without the peppers and onions). I would crush corn flakes and mix with melted butter, and sprinkle on top before baking. Increase baking time to an hour at 350 degrees.
This recipe has potential, but as-written it isn't a keeper for my family. We are cheese lovers, but there was simply too much cheese in this one. The consistancy wasn't creamy at all - it all stuck together in one big cheesy blob. If I were to try this again, I might use half the cheese and add 1/3 cup milk. The taste, however, was fantastic. I used a sprinkling of dried minced onion instead of green onions and substituted cream of mushroom soup.