- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 slices deli ham (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 slices Swiss cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top each with a slice of ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. In another bowl, whisk egg and milk. Place bread crumbs in a third bowl. Dip chicken in flour mixture, then egg mixture; roll in crumbs.
- In a small skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Discard toothpicks; drizzle with butter. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Golden Chicken Cordon Bleu
Sort By :
We had it for a big dinner party and everyone really enjoyed it! I made it like the recipe but also served hollandaise sauce with it. Delicious!
Looking forward to having again and again!!
loved it, it was delicious!!
My boyfriend has been spoiled with the best food in the world and he loved this! Definitely a keeper!
Wow, can't beat this. I used to make it from fresh chicken breasts that I cut off the rib meat with skin. Very hard to make. The boneless breasts are easy to flatten, and fold so much easier. Sams club frozen breasts work best for me. Just outstanding.