Garlic-Onion Turkey Burgers Recipe
- 3 small onions, quartered
- 1 small carrot, cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup fat-free milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 pound ground beef
- 12 hamburger buns, split
- In a food processor, combine the onions, carrot and garlic; cover and process until finely chopped. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs, milk, egg, salt, basil, thyme and Worcestershire sauce. Crumble turkey and beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 patties.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on buns. Yield: 12 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Garlic-Onion Turkey Burgers
Sort By :
These are fantastic! I've made them at least 4 times now, freezing the extra cooked burgers for later. Yummy!