Garlic-Herb Braid Recipe
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-3/4 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and seasonings. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, water and cubed butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add egg; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into thirds. Shape each into a 15-in. rope. Place ropes on a greased baking sheet and braid; pinch ends to seal and tuck under. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Garlic-Herb Braid
Sort By :
"This bread turned out wonderful! It looks like you slaved over it for hours and makes a wonderful presentation on the table! I brushed my hot loaf with butter and dusted it with parmesan cheese and a dash of garlic salt and parsley! Will be making again soon!"
"This bread was great. I left out the dill."
"Easy and delicious!!"
"I loved this. It was easy, pretty and tasted delicious."
"This is an amazing recipe! Since I found it I have been making it time and time again with requests for more!"