Turkey and Broccoli Pastry Braid
This meal-in-one is a great way to get the kids to eat broccoli—and adults, too. The puff pastry wraps up turkey, cheese and veggies is pure, flaky goodness. —Jenelle Fender, Steinbach, Manitoba
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked turkey (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°. For filling, mix first six ingredients.
- Unfold pastry onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Transfer to a baking sheet. Spoon filling down center third of rectangle. On each long side, cut eight strips about 3 in. into the center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips over filling, pinching ends to join.
- Bake until golden brown and filling is heated through, 20-25 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 463 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Bake in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.