Turkey and Broccoli Pastry Braid
This meal in one is an easy way to get kids—and adults—to eat broccoli. The puff pastry that wraps up turkey, cheese and veggies is pure, flaky goodness. —Jenelle Fender, Steinbach, Manitoba
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked turkey (about 5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°. For filling, mix first six ingredients.
- Unfold pastry onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Transfer to a baking sheet. Spoon filling down center third of rectangle. On each long side, cut eight strips about 3 in. into the center. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips over filling, pinching ends to join.
- Bake until golden brown and filling is heated through, 20-25 minutes.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 463 calories, 26g fat (7g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Turkey Bake in Simple & Delicious December/January 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.