Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Poppy seeds, optional
- Pat out dough on a work surface; sprinkle with minced onion and knead until combined. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 5 balls. To form knots, roll each ball into a 10-in. rope; tie into a knot. Tuck ends under. Place rolls 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and salt; cook and stir 1-2 minutes. Brush over rolls. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Brush tops with egg; if desired, sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake until golden brown, 15-20 minutes.
1 roll: 168 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.