Green Onion Rolls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt, optional
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute green onions until tender. Stir in pepper and, if desired, garlic salt. Remove from heat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Spread with onion mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 12 slices; place in greased muffin cups. Cover with greased plastic wrap; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake until golden brown, 18-20 minutes. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 roll: 142 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jun 13, 2019
Looks delicious! I haven't made yet but had a question - where can I find frozen bread dough? I tried looking and can only find frozen/refrigerated biscuits or pizza dough - will any of these work?
Nov 9, 2017
Delicious, but I won't use the garlic probably.
Aug 13, 2017
Prepared as directed, except used garlic powder as that is what I had on hand. All gobbled up in minutes. A keepee recipe! Thanks!
Jul 20, 2015
Fabulous! Only thing I would alter next time is the quantity of salt. 3/4 tsp was way too much. I may reduce to about 1/4 tsp.
Oct 26, 2012
I thought these were very good... Ended up making them last minute, so I had to use sharp cheddar cheese since that's what I had on hand. It was a little messy trying to get the cut slices into the muffin tins without the filling falling out, but it was worth it. They went very well with the Unstuffed Cabbage Soup that I made:)
Apr 14, 2012
These are very good! Made them for our Dinner Club and everyone loved them. Great with Crown Pork Roast.